Site Manager is the central point of any project. They have overall responsibility for the planning, management and co-ordination of a construction project.
Their main responsibility is to see that the clients' wishes are followed and that the project is completed on time, to quality and within the agreed budget.
In many cases, the Site Manager may be involved right from the very start, from the initial conception and design of the project, through its construction, to its completion.
Usually a Site Manager will play a key role in ensuring the success of the project and will be expected to liaise will all key members of the team on a regular basis.
A Site Manager will be expected to:
- Make sure that goals are met on the project.
- Insist that quality standards are adhered to.
- Ensure that all professionals are involved in the project.
- Provide sound, independent professional advice.
- Represent the interest of the client.