Project Manager is the central point of any project. They have overall responsibility for the planning, management, co-ordination and financial control of a construction project.
Their main responsibility is to see that the clients' wishes are followed and that the project is completed on time, to quality and within the agreed budget.
In many cases, the Project Manager is involved right from the very start, from the initial conception and design of the project, through its construction, to its completion.
The Project Manager plays a key role in ensuring the success of the project and will be expected to liaise will all key members of the team on a regular basis.
The Project Manager will be expected to:
- Make sure that goals are met on the project.
- Insist that quality standards are adhered to.
- Ensure that all professionals are involved in the project.
- Provide sound, independent professional advice.
- Represent the interest of the client.