Design Development Manager / Setter-Out
Design Development Manager/Setter-Out
£50k-£60k plus package
We have a fantastic permanent opportunity with a successful main contractor to join the Design Development Setting Out Department.
The position will be based from head office in Surrey, with the occasional site visit to attend meetings and carry out surveys. In some cases, you may also be requested to work on site with the rest of the team. This is subject to the size of the project.
Your duties will include (but are not limited to):
- Understanding the client’s requirements, through architectural and designer’s specification and drawings
- Attend design meetings with client team.
- Raise RFI’s (request for information) forms to the client team.
- Arrange samples for approval
- Undertake Site surveys and produce accurate/detailed survey drawings
- Provide site survey reports, Excel, Word etc.
- Produce accurate working drawings (rods) for joinery manufacture
- Produce drawings both in scale and full size
- Recognise the properties and uses of construction materials (including stone, metal and glass) and produce drawings for manufacture
- Complete cutting sheets and material requisitions
- Produce co-ordinated drawings to include (electrical, mechanical, plumbing and drainage) etc
- Produce as built drawings for O&M files
- Produce schedules where required (Excel)
- Coordinating between subcontractor’s/suppliers
- Working to programme and budget
- Coordinate a small team of setter-outs.
Requirements and prospects
- Knowledge of joinery is essential (gained through carpentry and joinery apprenticeship)
- Site fixing (minimum of 6 months)
- Logical, methodical approach
- City & Guilds in carpentry and joinery or equivalent
- Auto Cad levels 2 and 3 (2D drafting)
- Time served with in the industry
Training and future prospects
- Comprehensive training program covers:
- 3D Auto Cad level 3
- Personnel development plan with in the compony
- Health and safety
On offer is an attractive salary package, and the opportunity to join experts in fitting out some of London’s most prestigious hotels, commercial interiors and private residences.
If interested please send your CV as soon as possible.
Employment Type Permanent
Salary £50k - £60k Per Annum